Daily picks from the Dalston Shopper.

Monday 30 June 2008



I get sent a lot of stuff from record labels but a lot of it is not good enough to get special mention. I got sent this lovely little remix and though I had put a Pacific track in my dj set a few times I never really paid it enough attention. Now listening to the original and some of the remixes I realize this is really beautiful great music. As the record label describes them "They're kinda like a French disco Beach Boys or ELO. A little like Phoenix."

Simon Lord from Simian and Black Ghosts remixed this song, under his Lord Skywave name. The album, 'Reveries', is out on Half Machine Records on 11th August, with the 12" and download of 'Sunset Blvd' out a week before. Lord Skywave's debut album is out now on This Is Music. myspace.com/lordskywave for more details.

Pacific - Sunset Boulevard (Lord Skywave mix) (megaupload)

I would also HIGHLY recommend this Touch remix of Sunset Boulevard on the Largehearted Boy blog.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I run the blogs http://dalstonoxfamshop.blogspot.com