Daily picks from the Dalston Shopper.

Monday 18 February 2008

Long Blondes remix on Cerulean's Love of Music blog


This is a CLASSIC example of a remix that works late at night in any indie club. And a very good use of new electronic bits. I can't wait to hear any of the new Long Blondes stuff - supposed to be very good thanks in part to Erol. Speaking of Erol, I am playing an opening set for his Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve set this Friday, the 22nd at Fabric Live in London. You can preview the set at this party on Wednesday.




And now and then I forget to go back and check out the amazing Lovefingers blog. Have always had a soft spot for the Tamiko Jones : Can't Live Without Your Love. Very rare dance/jazz/disco number - make sure you listen on headphone and wait for it to sink in - it's a slow burner.

3 comments:

Bref said...

Man, this is another great blog - well done! Quick question - do you play these when you DJ? If so do you play them as digital files and how do you ensure the sound quality? I DJ from time to time and I've been told that the sound quality of the occasional digital song I play suffers in comparison with the vinyl...

dalston shopper said...

This is a hard question to answer. Some sound systems have better equipment for the turntables than for the cd players. But I do generally find that vinyl sounds fuller. If you get high quality mp3s usually they sound fairly good though. And in the end, so much great new music is not available on vinyl, so I usually don't have a choice.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout-out! It was a cool surprise to see my blog referenced!

About Me

My photo
I run the blogs http://dalstonoxfamshop.blogspot.com